Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My second quarterly report

This is the first month where I had a big scare as at the end of calculations, I had over 20,000 won missing. It took some time, but I eventually came to realize that I somehow managed to take 35,000 won worth of bus trips on a card with only 20,000 won on it. Basically meaning, I had put 20,000 on the card and forgot to record it (I alway put 20,000 won on my card when I recharge it).

Anyway, my numbers for this report have been greatly damaged by the change in exchange rate. Whereas in February, I recorded a savings of $5112.31, that is now worth only $4656.26. So I've lost $456.05 in three months. Bloomberg calls the Korean won "the world's worst-performing major currency this year".

Anyway, for my second quarter, my revenue was down slightly, $6093.65 (over 99% from my paycheck), and costs went way up to $2245.19. The reasons for this rise in costs is the fact I had to buy a new computer, which by itself cost more that what I usually spend in a month. So my savings for this quarter were only $3848.46, giving me a savings rate of about 63.16%.

My expenses break down for this quarter:
Food: 35%
Computer: 31.5%
Utilities: 15.2%
Transportation: 9.4%
Entertainment: 2.5%
Other: 6.4%

I take great pride in the fact that over the past 6 months, only 0.1% of the money I've had is unaccounted for.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

I'm torn between 3 responses:

"Fancy!"
"You would."
"Your face is a low performing currency."

I think the last one wins